Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday

Another Day down…

DD wrote about the first half of the day:

We gave Alex some Motrin before bed last night and it might have the “hyper” effect on him b/c he seemed kind of wired. We finally got him to bed about 10pm and his bedtime is 9pm. He slept great until the Motrin wore off around 3am. He woke up and started coughing, so we gave him some meds and he went back to sleep until 8am. We went to breakfast and he ate some rice cereal and some pancakes (Russian pancakes are made out of potatoes). We came back to the room and we were changing his diaper and the 2nd vomit incident. All the juice he had just drank came flying out along with some breakfast. We decided to put him in the bath and he LOVES it now. He doesn’t want to get out. He played in there for about 20-30 minutes. After that he didn’t seem to feel great. We figured he was constipated since he has not pooped since we got him on Friday night and it is now Sunday around lunch time. I sat on the couch with him and rocked him and rubbed his tummy for about an hour. After that, I decided to take a shower. While I was in the shower, Brad brought Alex in there to see if he would potty. Brad sat in there with him and about 5 minutes later, we had a poopy. We were sooo excited…1. he got relief from being constipated 2. he actually went in the potty! Brad left the poo poo in the bathroom with me while as I was still in the shower and whew, I could have used a gas mask.:)

Brad wrote about the second part of the day:

Well post the little poop, we played in the den for a couple of hours. He loves to throw the bottle cap. I run and grab it before he does and he thinks it is the funniest thing ever. We did this for about an hour. He just laughed and laughed. I also threw him around a little which he is a big fan of as well. It was almost nap time and I told Dee Dee that he had this strange look on his face. I know this face because I have made it before. I said time for another diaper change. Score, I think this one cleaned out the bowls from the last day. It weighed about 2lbs. WOW!!! It did NOT smell good. We got over that and put him down for his and Dee Dee’s nap. I tried to sleep but I am so sleep deprived that I could not go to sleep so I watched Rambo 1st Blood in Russian. Not too bad. After everyone’s nap it was time to go out.

We decided to walk down to the toy store and get some lunch. When I say walk of course I mean Dee Dee and I, Alex got a free ride in my arms. This seemed like a good idea the first block, but by the 6th my arms hurt. We made it in the toy store and went straight to the Lego’s. They have them behind some small wall. While I we tried to get someone’s attention Dee Dee found what appeared to be big Lego’s. They looked great nice and big and we won’t loose them on the airplane. After the toy store we went down 4 more blocks to California Pizza Kitchen. I am now a little sore and ready to eat. The place was packed but minus a little language issue I got 4 pieces and a drink for about 6 bucks. We shoveled it down and were off back to the hotel. We made it back fairly quickly because I thought my arms were going to fall off.

We got the room and Alex wanted to keep walking in the hall which is normal. I went in and rang out my sweater and undershirt from all of the sweat. I burned all of the pizza calories on the way back. This is a great way to loose weight. After Alex’s hall excursion we decided we would get out the new Legos. Well they turned out to be Blego’s. It looked like some locals made these. They are very hard to get together and are sharp. So basically we just bought our son his first toy he can’t use or a weapon, not sure which. They have entertained him though. He has had us put them together and then he has been kicking them and he just threw a couple at the TV. We just gave him dinner and now we are trying to keep him settled as not to generate another vomit. However he just walked over here and gave me a couple of blocks and he either farted on me or just took a deuce. Dee Dee says it is pay back for me doing it to her. That is poot not poop. I don’t know why poop seems to have dominated the last couple of blogs. We are just not used to all of the extra fluids. I went from thinking my kid was permanently constipated to now I think he has IBS. Man, I had to stop blogging to change another diaper.

Well we are about to try and start winding him down a little bit. Bed time is still an hour and a half away but he is rowdy. I am going to try and sleep tonight. I have two sore shoulders, a sore arm, a herniated disk, a sore back and wild man pulling at my pants again. Everyone have a wonderful weekend and well will see you soon.

Brad.

1 comment:

Heather Brandt said...

when you get back to U.S., be sure to have him checked for giardia. Our son had it and it caused some foul diapers (though his seemed to really kick in when we got home). You can look it up on line for more info. Google Dr. Julian Davies and adoption...His web site has lots on international adoption medicine.

Heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com