Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Back in Moscow

Hello from Moscow. We had a long day. We are now only 9hrs ahead of you guys. I hope it helps us get used to the time difference. I don’t want to bad of jetlag. Well I am sure everyone wants to know how the flight was. We will get there in a minute. Dee Dee and I got up at 4 am this morning. We made sure everything was ready to go and then at the last minute woke up Alex and got him dressed and ready to go. We met Alexander out front. I am glad we did not bring another suitcase because it would not have fit in the car. We road to the airport with backpacks and small bags in our lap. Once we got to the airport the day of chaos started. Our translator tok us to the ticket counter to get checked in. I tried to explain to both the translator and the stupid ticked lady that we had three tickets. She said no tickets until we paid for the overage on our baggage. I tried to explain again that we were not over because we had three tickets and three bags. She did not understand and said we had to pay. So I went over and paid.

I went back and to the counter and gathered our tickets. She handed us our tickets and we went to security. While standing there I realized that that I was correct and that idiot only gave use 2 boarding passes. Well, with all said and done I was right and Aeroflot was wrong. What did I get for it, a headache and I lost 35 bucks. We made it through security fairly quickly and without problems. I thought everything was going smooth.

We boarded the plane at which point I realize that our travel agent booked our seats in two different sections. Fortunately it did not matter because it was not a full flight. We were about to take off and our first outbreak. Alex did NOT like his seat belt. We had a little fit until take off. Once in the air he calmed down a little bit. Breakfast was served and we all got a little food in our stomachs. After that we had problems again. It was one fit after another. We would give him stuff to play with and then he would drop it under the seat and we would not be able to get it (screaming). He would throw something trying to be funny and I would not get it since he threw it (screaming). He just decided to scream (screaming).

After lunch Dee Dee and I had it. I took him to the bathroom and changed his diaper and made sure it was clean. That actually went smoothly. We sat back down and instead of his normal cough medicine he got Benadryl. I am not sure if you should do it but it worked. He slept for 2 hrs. It was great. There was a little tossing and turning but it was ok. We arrived 30 min late to Moscow and our luggage took 30 min to come down. You should have seen us. I would have taken a picture but I had now more hands left. I had Alex in a stroller, a suitcase, a backpack and another bag on top of the suitcase. Dee Dee was dragging a suitcase about her size and her backpack along with some of Alex’s stuff. We looked terrible.

We were met by Michael right when we got through the concords. We were so excited that we did not have to wait. Well wait in the airport is what I should have said. We got in the car and all loaded up and were off. We were not off very far. We sat in traffic for 2 hrs before we got to the hotel. I forgot to mention, Alex took a dump somewhere around the airport. So we are in a hot van with Alex sitting by me and the only adjective I can think of to use to describe it is smoldering. My nose still hurts 8 hrs later. We finally made it to the hotel around noon. We gave Alex a much needed bath and put him down for a nap.
We went to the mall not to long after and got lunch and a few supplies for the evening. We are now going to chill in the room. Alex is going to be early. We have a doctor appointment at 6:30 am. Dee Dee is telling me that I have a dirty diaper to change so I wish you all the best and I am going to change I hope a pee diaper and drink some wine.

Brad

DD’s Input:

Let me just tell you. I hope we do not have too many more days like the one we had today. I know that is a lot of traveling (12 hours total from leaving our Region’s hotel to getting to the Moscow hotel) for anyone much less a 2 year old. I’m not looking forward to Saturday where we will have a total travel time of about 19 hours. Please pray that it will be an easy trip and Alex will be on his best behavior.

3 comments:

The Bordens said...

Hey. Guess what, now when you go on a trip you will be taking the entire house with you. Children have to take everything when they are away from home.:):)so get ready and pack the car the night before, unlike me. Have a safe trip home 3 more days left

Stephen Duncan said...

The almighty says he can get me out of this. But he's pretty sure, you're...

Photos By Katie said...

I am trying to picture Hudson doing all that Alex did today and cannot imagine! I think Kaitlyn is gonna be the same way. Hudson has never slept more than an hour at a time anywhere other than a bed and so Alex could sleep on plane. Usually the things I dread the most and think Hudson will be the worst ends up opposite. I too always pack the house and just invested in Vcast for future reference. Great for waiting rooms. Wishing you a safe trip!