Monday, February 9, 2009

1 more day in Siberia, Thank the Lord.

Well we will start with last night before bed. I decided that Alex needed his diaper changed before bed. Dee Dee has been diving all over the diapers for some reason, and I wasn’t complaining. I thought it would be nice to beat her to it. Well, no good deed goes unpunished. As soon as I got his diaper off a large stream of pee shot at me. That was awesome. I love pee and fluids all over me. Dee Dee just laughed because in two days I have been puked on peed on and almost pooped on.

We put him down and we watched part of a soccer game and then went to bed. Fortunately we slept great last night. I think I only got up once and Alex slept all night. We woke up and did breakfast downstairs. While we were down there we ran into the couple we met the last time we were here from New Jersey. They have a court date tomorrow. It was nice to see them and we are going to meet them tomorrow and give them ideas on where to eat and some of the places we have gone the last two weeks. We came back to the room and did the normal diaper changes and playtime stuff. Alex has decided that he likes for me to chase him around the hotel room. He also likes to be tossed around like a rag doll. He also has decided he likes to YELL baby very loud. It was so cute about 4 hrs ago now I have taken my second Tylenol.

I am looking forward to Moscow in so many ways. After playtime and before nap time I went to the store. Dee Dee gave me a list of things to get. We did not think it a good idea to take Alex out with him having a little cold. So off I went down the street and picked up all the stuff on the list, except diapers and wipes. I looked all over that small store for them and they were not to be found. I came back to the room and dropped off what I had bought and left again. I had to walk to the other store which is about 6 blocks away or so. Not to bad except it was -26c today. That is so cold. Fortunately they had diapers just not his size. So I bought a size to big and some whips and said a few choice words and was on my way back. Like I said before I look forward to Moscow and for that matter Birmingham. I will be so glad to be back home.

Just before nap time he discovered money. He loves to play with change and playing cards. Sounds just like his father. We put him down for his nap with very little crying and then Dee Dee and I took our little hour nap. We were going to wash clothes while he napped but we fell asleep watching TV. Once again there was a double feature of Rambo III followed by Chuck Norris Delta Force 4. That is why we went to sleep.

Dee Dee second half of day:

Brad is correct, the little man loves money. Brad showed him how to put it in his pocket and now he is obsessed with pockets. He wants to put the coins in my pocket and gets upset if I am trying to clean up and he can’t get to my pocket. He puts all the coins in my pocket and then takes them all out…one by one. He then puts them (one by one) in his pocket. After about 47 times, it gets a little boring, but anything to keep him occupied.

Overall we had a great day with him. Since he can’t talk, he whines a lot when he doesn’t get his way. While Brad went to the store, Alex took a bath. He probably stayed in there for about 45 minutes. He cries when it is time to get out. He cries when it is time to come in the room from walking about 20 laps down the hall and back. His pouting usually only lasts about a minute, so that is good. He sure does laugh a lot though. He loves when you throw him into the pillows and pull his feet out from underneath him while he is standing on our bed. I know it might sound a little cruel, but he lands on soft pillows and he loves it.

We went to dinner in the bar and that is a totally different experience than when we went by ourselves before we got him. We could barely eat our food b/c he wanted all of it for himself. Keep in mind that he already had a large bowl of baby food and a lot of fruit. He still wanted our food too. Needless to say we didn’t get to enjoy our glass of wine. We decided to bring our glass of wine back to the room and finish it there. When we got in the room Alex had a look on his face like he needed to poo poo, so I put him on his little potty and about 5 minutes later he had filled it up. We decided to do another bath since he loves them so much and he kept pointing in the bath and grunting/whining. He took another 45 minute bath. While in the bath, I gave him his toothbrush so that he could learn to brush his teeth. He loved the taste of the toothpaste (bubble gum flavor), so he liked putting it in his mouth and sucking on the bristles. He didn’t want to give me back his toothbrush either. I finally got him out of the tub and lathered him up with lotion…He loves being rubbed down. He loves massages on his back…just like his mama. When we took the adoption class at UAB, they told us that usually the children from the orphanage like to touched hard (like massaging) and they don’t really like the light tickling that most children that haven’t been in an orphanage like. This is correct with Alex. He will sit still for an hour and let me massage his back when he is in the mood. He also loves for us to rock him.

Another thing that he hates which is kind of funny is that doesn’t like for any of his skin on his legs showing. If his pants come up a little and show skin, he gets upset and lets us know to pull them down. He better get used to showing some legs in the Alabama summers. Right now he is taking Brad’s coins and hiding them under the rug. He doesn’t want anyone else to steal them from him.

It is about time for his bedtime and quiet time for Mama and Papa. We have one more full day in this region and we leave for Moscow about 5am on Wednesday morning. Our plane leaves at 7am and we arrive in Moscow after a 4.5 hour flight at about 7:30am Moscow time. It will be interesting to see what kind of schedule that he gets on in Moscow. We will have to get him adjusted to Moscow time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your first flying experience should be fun. We bought Ashley some EarPlanes for kids. It pops the ears for you. They are like ear plugs. Alex sounds like a typical 2 year old. Ashley does a lot of the same things. I am so happy for you three again. Thanks for all of the updates. They are great morning reading here.

Heather Brandt said...

Sounds like your little one might be teething! Our son tries to chew on the toothbrush bristles because he is teething. Our son doesn't brush his teeth yet; we do it and then we let him play with his worn out toothbrush for a couple of minutes.

heather

Anonymous said...

Hi Brad and DeeDee!

We just brought our little one home a few months ago from the same region. He never minded having his skin showing, but he hated changing clothes for any reason. Now, he LOVES getting dressed and wearing new outfits. Enjoy your last day in Kras! I remember being SO ready to go home, but now I look back and kind of miss our first days as a family in Kras! :) Who can miss breathing in -20 degree cold air and literaly feeling like the breath has been knocked out of you? Ha, ha!

KC