Thursday, February 5, 2009

Last day.

The wait is almost over. Today is the last day for the next 18 years of no responsibility. We are so excited we cannot hold it in. We have been waiting for tomorrow for almost a year now and cannot believe the day is finally here.

We have had a pretty busy day today. I went downstairs after breakfast and asked to have our room upgraded. We wanted a bigger room so that when Alex comes tomorrow we will have a little play area and more room to roam. We also wanted to make sure they knew to bring a crib to our room in the morning. There was a little language barrier at the front desk. I could tell she was not real sure what I wanted, so she handed me a piece of paper with a room number on it and said go. So I walked up stairs back up to the room trying to figure out what I had just done. About 5 min later a lady came to the door, took me to the room number that was on the paper and showed it to me. She then said “Yes”, and I agreed it was a room. Just kidding, I told her it was what I wanted. I then went back downstairs to sign the paperwork and get the keys. The lady at the front desk gave me the keys, but when I tried to pay she said later and sent me on my way.

Dee Dee and I started to pack and get everything ready to move to the bigger room, when there was a knock at the door. The head house lady asked for my new key and gave me another set of keys. She said we were moving to a different room. We started moving our stuff before they told us to change rooms again. We got everything in the new room and it is much bigger and a little nicer. The bed does not make popping spring noises every time you move which is nice. It also does not feel like I will need a back adjustment in the mornings now.

We went back to California Pizza Kitchen today. It was very good and we like the American discount. We then walked back down the street to the Toy store. Maybe I am a little naive but, when did Lego’s start costing $35.00 bucks. I just wanted a few for Alex to play with on the plane and all they had were 60 buck boats and $100 cities. The cheapest I found was a tub that made something for $35.00. I decided to hold off and see if I could find something else for now. I guess I will end up getting them before I leave but it hurts.

I know before I get the e-mails that kids stuff is expensive and that I better get ready. But I just did not think Lego’s were 40 bucks. Trust me I have bought a lot of stuff already. Anyway we left the toy store and went down to the grocery. We picked up a few things for us; juice, yogurt, bread and other items for Alex. We finally made it back to the room where we took a little nap. It is now dinner time and I think we are going to chill in the room and eat here. I think it is best to spend a quiet evening in the room and enjoy the peace as much as possible. Just for the record I just took a sip of evidently what turned out to be plain Activia yogurt. Oh my God, I could not make it to the bathroom fast enough to spit that out. Who eats that pud? I spit half of it the floor. That is the worst stuff I have ever tasted. I would have rather put corn in my mouth. I asked Dee Dee what she was going to do with it and she casually said give it to Alex. Poor kid is in trouble. Granted that is probably better than the junk they have fed him in the orphanage. Well, wish us luck. We are going to call our translator Ludmilla in a little while and find out what the schedule is for tomorrow. I hope they bring him to us.

Talk to you on Gotcha Day.

Brad

DD's input:

It is now 8pm our time and Ludmilla just called and said that we meet here at 4:30pm tomorrow to go over to the orphanage and pick Alex up. On Saturday, we have a lot of paperwork to take care of, so we have to meet them down in the lobby at 9:15am. So I guess most of our day tomorrow will be waiting to go pick him up. We have to pack all of his clothes b/c they strip him out of the orphanage clothes and put him in the clothes that you bring. We don't think that Alex has ever been in a car, so we wonder how he will react to Alexander's driving. I've been in a car millions of times and I am still scared when I get in the car with him. We will post again tomorrow night and let you guys know how everything went.

DD

3 comments:

Mississippi Candice said...

I am so excited!!!!!!

The Bordens said...

Hey. The best thing on the way home will be your computer, Alex can watch movies on it, and it will keep him happy, and will also make the people around you happy. Have a great day!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you both on making it to the end of your journey, of adoption that is. We can't wait to see the pictures of your new family. Congrats!!!!