Tuesday, January 27, 2009

WE ARE PARENTS


What a wonderful day! We woke up this morning around 6:30 after a pretty peaceful night sleep. We worked out with Dee Dee's rubberbands and some video. It was a little difficult being that our room is an oversized closet, but we managed. We took showers, ate breakfast and reviewed our information for court. About 10am we went downstairs and met Ludmillia our interpetor and went to the court house.


We sat at the court house for about an hour. We were supposed to go in about 10:30 but it was almost 11:00 before we went in. We walked down this very small hallway and staircase, it seemed like they were made for hobbits. We finnally settled in this small rooom with a few desks in it and an official of the country and a note taker. The Judge entered a few moments later we all stood and Dee Dee and I introduced ourselves and what we did for a living. I must say I was a little nervous in the begining. The Judge asked us who would speak for the family and I said I would.


She begain asking me the normal questions then a few were more difficult. The main problem for me was that it was 11o degrees in there and I was sweating and I thought I might pass out. It was -25c today so I had thermals under my suit so I was super hot and it was not good. Anyway she asked me about 90% of the questions and then I sat and Dee Dee stood and got the other 10%. We then left the room for about 5 min. and then were reintroduce to the room, the Judge read her report and then we were told we were now the parents of Peter Alexander. We are so excited. We just came back to the Hotel and had lunch in the Bar and a few celebration drinks. We are going to take it easy for a few hours and then head back down to the Bar for dinner and drinks.


Dee Dee and I could not be more excited to have this opportunity. Alex is so special to us already. We cannot wait to make him a part of our family. We want him to grow to know how special he is to us and how we searched the whole world for him. We get to see him again on Friday and couple of times next week. He will be brought to our hotel next Friday and then he is ours forever. We are going to try and take it easy the next couple of days.


Dee Dee and I want to thank everyone for there support and prayers for the last year. We are so thankful to have such great friends and family. You all have a special place in our hearts and Alex grows old I am sure he will love you all.


Talk to you soon,


Brad and Dee Dee

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Brad and DeeDee!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I am relieved and excited for you guys. I can't wait to meet little Alexander and welcome him to his extended family in Alabama!!!

We love you guys and will see you soon,

Dwayne

Heather Brandt said...

Congratulations! I pray that the wait will go quickly. Which orphanage is your son at? I think it is wonderful you will get him on Friday and not have to wait until Sat. (we had to wait until Sat.)

God bless,

Heather

Mississippi Candice said...

I AM SO EXCITED!!!! You guys are going to be great parents! Lillt Alex is a lucky boy!!! Now bring him home!!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS Dee Dee and Brad. How incredibly wonderful and exciting.

Much love from your family in Saratoga Springs!

Miss you and hope to see you and baby Alex soon.

Love, Kathy and the Wren Family

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We can't wait to meet Alex!

Love Y'all,
Allison

Janis said...

Yahoo! Sounds like we had the same judge. RELAX the next ten days..your life will never be the same (but all good, trust me!)
Keep the blogs coming!
Janis

The Bordens said...

Congrats!!!!! We are sooooo happy for the both of you and can not wait to meet Alex.

Shannon said...

Congratulations to both of you! Yippee!!Can't wait to meet you both in Kras and Alexander too!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Brad and Dee Dee. I have been reading your blog and I am so excited. Alex is going to bring you two so much joy. Jon and I have a two year old daughter so if you want to play just let us know. Congratulations.

Rosemary Cannova Courington

KellyFranks said...

I am so, so genuinely happy for you both!! I know this has been long awaited. I have said a little prayer for y'all everyday when I read the blog! I babysit too....although I know you probably won't take me up on that for quite a while! ;) Congrats again!! Much love, Kelly

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all of you! This is a great time for you and you will have many more excited stories to tell after you bring your son home and settle in. You don't know me - I'm Alexander Thomas Daigneau's grandmother - Jeff's Mom and I've been following your blog through Tammy and Jeff's link. Reading your account brings tears to my eyes as I remember how it was when Jeff and Tammy brought Alex home. Your little Alex is very blessed to have you as parents and I will pray that your transitions go as smoothly as the Daigneau family's has. I'm also very excited for Alex's new grandparents. They will have a blast with him! Blessings - Martha Daigneau