Sunday, January 25, 2009

2 for 1 day from Siberia
















This is the second post today, so if you are reading this one after your done scroll down and read the post from this morning. Today has been somewhat restful after our flight last night. We made it to the hotel around 6 this morning and got checked in. This time our view is not as nice as the last time we where here. We have a nice view of a bldg. It is very cold here, -24c, which we are told is warm compaired to the last couple of days. We had breakfast after we were settled in the downstairs kitchen. We had cereal, eggs, potatoes and toast, most of it was good. We went out to the grocery store and bought some stuff for the next couple of days. The grocery here is not near as well stocked as the one in Moscow.

We also went out in the square and played a little bit. I took a few photos and included them. I cannot believe people are out playing in this weather. My face almost froze off. We were only outside for about 30 min. and the wind was blowing on my face and legs and I thought I was going to die. I seriously thought I had frost bite when we walked in a childerns store a few blocks from our hotel. The good news is we found a few resturants close to us, which is great.

We just met with our translator and advisor and went over things for court. They basically told me that a lot of questions are going to be directed towards me because I am the man. Unfortunatly for me, Dee Dee runs the house so I don't know a lot of the finanical answers because she keeps me on a tight leash. They are also going to ask her about her nurturing abilities, I thought that was funny.

Anyway, we are meeting with the driver in the morning to go spend time with Alex at the orphanage. It is his 2 year birthday and we are looking forward to spending time with him. We are both so excited to play and be with him since it has been a couple of months. I just hope he remembers us a little bit. I will update you all after the meeting

Take care
Brad

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brad and Dee Dee...
It looks like your breath froze in the air! I HATE cold weather, and only something as wonderful as this adoption would be enough for me to do what you are doing.
Let us know how we can help you with the transition to parenting... it is truly going to change your life for the better.
I love reading Brad's blogs. I still say he missed his calling and needs to be a writer. I laugh every time I read them.
Jan Sweatman

Anonymous said...

Happy Sunday! I hope you are having a good day with Alex. I think today is his birthday, so I hope he had a happy one!
Those pictures are awesome. I can't believe the snow!
So, just to give you something to read, I will brag on Andy for a second. He had a swim meet yesterday. He has only been on the swim team since September. He won all five of his 'heats'. He placed 5th of 22 kids his age. His coach placed him in the 11&12 year old relay (Andy is 8). Andy swam the first leg and actally beat three 11/12 boys! I so was so very proud of him. Abby didn't swim yesterday because she had a basketball game. Her team did not fair well. They lost 28-7:( bummer. But she is doing well and enjoys playing.
I have waited around to go run because it was 34 degrees. Now I feel bad because ya'll can't even go outside! The run is going to be long 7 miles because I am feeling 2 Pesos from last night:)Dwayne and Mike ended up leaving Early to go to Victory Land. I know they didn't get home til very late and DW was suppose to play golf today. Alli said she was feeling better. the nausea is getter better for her. She doesn't look as tired as she did. Stacey's Dad has lung cancer and has started his treatment. He got out of the hospital on Thursday. I think they caught it before it spread so that's good. Robyn was out of town this weekend so she wasn't there.

We all have been thinking about you guys. Eric says Hi. I will try to write everyday just to give you something to do:)

Tress