Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday Night

4 down 6 to go

Saturday in Siberia

This morning we decided to sleep in. That is I let Dee Dee sleep in and I went downstairs to get new Wi-Fi card. They charge you by the 100mb of transfered data. I am not sure actually how it is calculated but I know you better turn off you automatic downloads or you will burn through it in 20 minutes. We also use one card every day or two so they are making money on the Americans. Anyway, I came back up to the room and checked e-mails and responded to them and looked around the www to see what is going on out there. It sounds like the same thing when I left. This guy killed that guy, or his family, traffic, car wrecks, countries fighting, our government trying to give free hand outs, take more taxes, tell companies how they can and cannot be run, giving them money and then spend more on God know what that won’t solve the problems that face us today.

Sorry about that I am bored and the only thing TV I watch over here is BBC news, German News and Bloomberg. So needless to say I have OD’d on news lately. The positive is I have been enlightened to other perspectives on how our country works and how other countries work. And with everyone bad talking the US for some reason, I still get the strong inclination that they would all rather live in the US with us. Sorry I got back on the soap box again.

Back to Siberia, there is not much going on here today as you can already tell. We did work out after breakfast and did this new Body flow – Yoga exercise. It crushed me. I did not realize what a workout that was, and I love it. Low impact and you sweat the whole time. We ate a light lunch and then watched the movie Crank. I don’t know if any of you have seen it but it is NOT for the faint of heart. But for those of you who liked Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels you will love it. I forgot, last night we were feeling a little home sick so we watched Sweet Home Alabama. Even though the accents are the worst ever and it was filmed in Tenn. I still enjoyed the movie and it made me feel a little better.

We just got up from a short 30 min nap and decided that since tonight is the last night we will not have the responsibility of a child on a Saturday, we are going to have a few cocktails. I think we are going to go have a nice diner and a little wine along with a Stella Artois or 3 and call it a night. By the way the beer over here comes in big bottles and cans. I don’t know why but I love it.

I think after dinner we are going to come back up to the room and watch one more movie. I don’t know what it will be and I know most of you don’t care. But it is between The Notebook and the Boondock Saints Unrated Version. Again one is for everyone one is not. I will let you decide which is which. I hope everyone had a great Friday Nights Sleep and we look forward to a more eventful Sunday over here. I think we may go explore and eat out tomorrow night. The weather is going down to -38c on Monday so we will not be able to leave. Talk to you all soon

Brad and Dee Dee

No comments: