Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tuesday 2nd day of visit

Today has been restful so far. We woke up at about 3 in the morning and hung out until 6. We then went to breakfast. We then came back up stairs and took a little nap before I sent my last e-mail you received.

The good news is that I met a couple from New York. They are here adopting from another institution and he happened to have an extra power converter. Which is wonderful because it allowed us to watch a movie in our down time today. The television is getting old. We only get 2 channels that speak English,not counting MTV which some of the songs are in English. So now I don't have to watch Bloomberg, on how the market sucks, or DTV, the German channel, on how everything is not their fault.

The Kamikaze driver picked u up at 2 today to take us to see Alex. I have learned that his Mantra is "there is no car that I won't pass, when I want", the guy is insane. Anyway, we were able to spend another 2 hours with Alex today. It was wonderful. He was very playful from the beginning, almost like he knew us. He is very smart. He loves to play with those blocks that match with the holes in an object to make them fit. It took a few minutes but he soon got the hang of it and did not want any help. He is also very funny, he does not like to share very much. He will share but on his terms. He is used to other kids trying to steal his toys so he is guarded.

We were also able to check his size and his shirt is a 12 month. So he is a little small but he moves around quite quickly. Also, he had a little poot while we were all playing, it was nice for once that it was not me. In the future I will now have someone to blame it on other than the dog. After play time we went and sat down with the house mother and agreed and signed that we wanted to adopt him.

We are now back in the room resting. We are both still out of wack a little with our sleep. Dee Dee is sleeping right now. Tomorrow we are going to file a petition with the court for adoption. It should not take to long and then I am going to have a beer and vodka. The sad news is that we will not get to see Alex again until after the adoption is final. It could be as long as the end of January, first of February. We did learn that his birthday is January 26th, so we hope we can get him home by his birthday.

I will be checking my e-mail again before we go to bed so I will talk to some of you later.

Brad
6:00 Birmingham Time
7:00 Russian Time

No comments: